ISLAM means submission to the will of Allah.
I AM A MUSLIM.
I agree with this quote! 😀
DID U KNOW?
There are 5 PILLARS OF ISLAM!
-these are the fundamental duties in a Muslims life, which lead to living a good and responsible life.
- SHAHADAH (TESTIMONY) – Declaration of Faith.
- Muslims declare their faith by saying: “ASH HADU ANLAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAHU WA ASH HADU ANNA MUHAMMADAR RASULALLAH”, which means “I BEAR WITNESS THAT THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH AND I BEAR WITNESS THAT MUHAMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH.”
2. SALAAH (PRAYER) – Five compulsory daily prayers.
The 5 Compulsory Daily Prayers:
I. The Dawn (Fajr الفجر) Prayer has two rak’at and the time is between the dawn and sunrise;
II. The Mid-day (Dhohr الظهر ) Prayer has four raka’at ; and
III. The Afternoon (Asr العصر ) Prayer has four raka’at; their times are between mid-day and sunset.
IV. The Dusk (Maghrib المغرب ) Prayer has three rak’at; and
V. The Night (Isha العشاء ) Prayer has four raka’at. Their times are from dusk to mid-night.
3. ZAKAAT (Charity or Purity) – Alms giving.
- The act of giving ZAKAT means purifying one’s wealth to gain Allah’s blessing to make it grow in goodness.
- This shows obedience to Allah (S.W.T.) and prevents greed.
- It is obligatory upon all Muslims to give 2.5 % of wealth and assets each year (in excess of what is required) to the poor.
- This is done before the beginning of the month of Muharram, the first of new year.
- “Zakat is for the poor, and the needy and those who are employed to administer and collect it, and the new converts, and for those who are in bondage, and in debt and service of the cause of Allah, and for the wayfarers, a duty ordained by Allah, and Allah is the All-Knowing, the Wise”. (Surah Al-Tauba: 60)
- It is an obligatory once in a lifetime upon those who have the financial means and are physically able.
- The pilgrims adorn simple garment that strip away any distinctions of class and culture, so they all stand equal before Allah.
- The final part of the pilgrimage is at the Holy Ka’bah in the center of the Great Mosque in Makkah.